POP3 Mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavilach

In Runtime
So, my Adelphia email sucks...5 MB per user...I mean, come on.

So, I was looking into other POP3 alternatives, like Yahoo! Mail. The problem is that Yahoo! Mail Plus is $30 a year for just one email address...and I need about 5 for my whole family.

If I got the Yahoo! Custom Email Address (5 POP3 boxes for your own personal @yourname.com email address) plus the Yahoo! Mail Plus package, would that work?

That seems really impractical and expensive.

How do you all do it? I'm sure that your ISPs don't offer much more...which makes me wonder...how do the techies of the world deal with this problem?

Im just curious as to why you need more than 5Mb on the server at any one time? (I work for Roadrunner, we only allow 5Mb as well)

If its for transfering files, there are much more efiicent ways to transfer files that are larger than 5mb than e-mail.

Yes, but it's a matter of what I receive, not what I send. I can't control when others send me things, and I don't want to wake up one morning and find a 5 MB attachment in my inbox, and realize that I cannot access any other messages I received that morning.

Plus, email can be easy, even if it isn't efficent.

But just out of curiousity, what are the efficient file transferring ways you are thinking of? Sometimes posting things online, or direct connecting on AIM, or any of those methods, can be tedious.

I for one, use FTP. I have 50Mb or free webspace that the ISP provides, (most provide at least 20Mb) and I just upload files to there, and then send the link to the download for the reciever. Has always worked well for me. Never had an issue with people sending me 5Mb attahcments. Not even sure what someone would send me that would be that large.

My provider gives me 15mb email also... iunno if you look hard you can find an ISP that gives you plenty of email space.

also if your really worried about it you can use something equivilent to alterhosting and get an email server with them you would get plenty of space.

http://alterhosting.com

there you can get unlimited email space for 29.99 a year.

I'll give you a deal for a pop3 email account. I'm the founder of www.worldgamingunion.com (just opened) and I've got all that email crap. I'll give you a pop account in exchange for some work. Graphics, flash, whatever your good at. Or traffic. I'm trying to get the word out and build the community base, but I'm stuck in the BF1942 community. Need to get in other game communities.

Let me know. Might be better then paying for it and I can raise the limit to whatever I want. As long as you don't keep the big attachemts on the mail server, I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom