FSB Low Speed Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

98RedGs

Baseband Member
A7N8X-E (motherboard)
756mb - KINGSTON HYPERX RAM (DDR333 PC-2700)
AMD|2500/333 ATHLON XP BARTON
High Tech ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card

CPU Case is running 4fans right now and at max load I'm getting temps of 42degrees.

My problem is this tho...

When booting up I'm noticing that it says I'm running at 166mhz FSB Dual Channel but I was assuming that I would run at 333mhz FSB since my ram is pc-2700.

I'm here asking this question.

Should it be running at 166mhz dual channel mode?

Why am I only running at 166mhz FSB and how can I get it running to 333mhz fsb or what should I change/swap out to get it to do what I desire?

Shoot me a reply if you could and tell me what my problem is if you are aware of it and how to resolve it. Or if you know and just want to email me you can email me at smit9352@bellsouth.net .

Thank you

So bascailly it's the fact that my ram is only pc2700 so I'm stuck with 166fsb right?

Can I change the ram and get around this or would I have to get a faster processor also?

you can get pc 3200 , then it will say 200 x 2 = 400 fsb .

athlon xp 2500 doesnt run a 400 fsb though , even the barton one . I could be wrong on that though , Im thinking only the xp 3200 barton has the 400 fsb .

The one I have is a 333 FSB max.

It runs well in my opinion but I think the system would actually run alot better with a fsb of 333mhz. WorldofWarcraft runs well... But I want more out of my system.

ok so if your running pc 2700 ram = 166 x 2 = 333 , Your perfectly fine with what you have and it is running at 333 mhz fsb , I know you want to see somthing saying 333 but you have to trust me , if its DDR its running 333.

O I know it's running 333fsb but I just don't like it saying 166dual. I know 166x2 = 333 basically so it's not a big deal I built the computer over a year ago and I think it runs fine just kinda wondering what I should put together for a second system.

Any better recommendations?

Id start thinking about moving upto the athlon 64 cpu's , gett some faster ram , good video card such as the 6600 gt or 6800 gt .

I just built a new system with a athlon 64 2800 + put with a 6600 gt gfx card , Its very fast and runs all the latest games very well . I just need another 512 megs of ram and a sata hd , then ill be good , then in like 6 months to a year ill upgrade my cpu to a athlon 64 3400+

So you think I can keep a system build under $650 with a very nice setup?

If you do you think you can help me put together a setup?

hmmmm I donno , cheapest prices iv seen are online but i dont shop online , if thats what your looking to do , maybe somone else can help ya there . I have a nice computer shop a few miles from me that has decent prices but nowhere near as low as what you can get on newegg.com.

I payed around 750 bucks for all this .....

Athlon 64 2800 +
MSI kt8 neo motherboard
MSI 6600 gt
512 pc 3200 samsung ram
cheap case with 400 watt psu .
broadband router.

All the other stuff I already had from previous builds , cd drives and what not . Your video card is probely good for a little bit longer so I wouldnt worry to much about that , just get new cpu , mobo and ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom