siren beeps from mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lostman, I'm using a 512mb of DDR Ram from Kingston on this board & no I didn't try it on another board I'm running out of hardware. I took it to a mom & pop PC store to let them mess with it, They got a ton of parts to play with.

Dethangel, my new Asus board will support DDR400 can't wait to buy some Ram for it. I was thinking also of the CMOS clear but like I told Lostman I ran out of parts & patience & took it in. thank ya both for your time & input. I'll let ya both know the outcome.

urm my comp just crashed in the middle of a game(after giving off funny static like sounds) and now it refuses to boot, gives me continuous beep-pause... thinking it's my hardware(award bios). any suggestions?

yep i actually searched and found that page before but it's not of much use to me cause i still can't find which is the prob

When my SOYO motherboard died ( corrupted bios is what SOYO figures it was as someone flashed it) it just did the beep- pause thing add-naseaum. I also had a critical hd failure at the same time. My brother brought over a spare comp and we tested everything before building the comp I'm using now. If you know the name of your MB go to the manufacturer's site and look up the beep meanings and troubleshooting tips there first. Good luck...

Amazing the amount of grief crappy ram can cause, Glad ya got it going again n0body!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom