NVIDIA is the worst thing in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:

I don't quite understand how 6xAA can mean no AA at all. AA is present in virtually all cards out today.

6800s are incapable of displaying 6xAA therefore it just defauts to none at all when you run a game with it set to that.

"You laaaaaad to me... when she said she'd never turn own me..."

SanToast said:
There is a reason for that... THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN PROVEN:

- NVIDIA performs better than ATI in OpenGL (Doom 3, etc.).

- ATI performs better than NVIDIA in Direct3D (90% of games).
It's the other way around!! :eek: :amazed: :confused: :cool:

Re: "You laaaaaad to me... when she said she'd never turn own me..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
It's the other way around!! :eek: :amazed: :confused: :cool:
I don't want to argue about it, but it is true.
Nvidia cards do perform better in OpenGL, and ATI cards do perform better in Direct3D. this is why Nvidia cards win in Doom 3 benchmarks, and ATI cards beat Nvidia in HL2

TheRanger said:
Go ahead and say what you want, but can you OC an Intel 6Ghz and still have it Cold like I have my AMD? I have a MOBILE Athlon 2500+ OC'd to 2.4GHZ and stock is 1.83 also my temps are 36Celsius.

Oh, and don't tell me that you can do that with a Pentium cause I have proof you can't. I literally cracked and nearly melted a P4 1.8 trying to OC it a mere 2 Ghz.

lmfgdao!!!! what, a williamette 1.8 and 256 MB RAM ??? heheheh I'm not suprised.. williamettes werent built for oc

ur comparing ur weak 600mhz clock to me attempting a 3GHZ clock !!!!

:amazed:

600MHZ is nothing for stock cooling :rolleyes: Get it up a gig n a half and no artefacts and I'll hand it to you..

--- Final Say ---

Each to their own.. Nothing you say about Nvidia/Pentium is going to make me toss my computer away n rush out to buy what u people cry over.. My pentium is fast as anything my friends have and my nvidia rips on both half life 2 and doom 3 and thats all I care about

Im like most VC users :) .Be it ATI or Nvidia whichever offers the best performance all around with future support thats what ill buy. Thats one of the reasons i purchased the 6800 ultra (PS 3.0)
Not to mention every ATI card i did use needed a better cooling solution .So i had to mod the card suite my needs and keep from crashing out do to heat .Of course i didnt mind doing that because i know how to . The 9700 Pro to the 9800 Pro where Nvidias thorn in the side .
I still wouldnt buy the newer XT and XL bla bla because they dont fully support PS 3.0 .I cant see spending that kind of money on PX2.0 . Doesnt bother me if 3.0 still isnt fully optimized its comming ."The same goes with AMD 64" Full SW support is comming and ill be ready :) .

VIII said:
ur missing the god dam point! for a fellow aussi ur pretty slow
600MHZ for an Athlon really does equal roughly 900MHZ for an Intel. and the fact that Intel's generally don't get 900MHZ overclocks on stock cooling means they don't overclock as well

I was saying that the mobile Athlon XP's do overclock better than Pentium 4's. even the Northwoods and Prescotts

I am with apokalipse on this issue.
600MHZ is a good Overclock for an AMD. Intel chips may be able to overclock alot higher, but liquid cooling is nessacary to overclock them alot. AMD's usually become instable before cooling is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom