Fixed boot up, now won't start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I iknow you said that you removed the battery, but did you reset the CMOS jumper to clear the BIOS?

I know this might sound dumb but how do you reset the CMOS? i did a search and searched like 10 threads but none of them explained the process.

there should be a three pin jumper somewhere near the cmos battery, move it from the two that it is on (maybe 2-3) to the other two (1-2). obviously the middle jumper will always be involved. leave it there for about 20-30 seconds and move it back to the original two. thats it. do this all with power disconnected from the computer

The motherboard i got doesn't have 3 pins and a jumper. It has two long pins. I read the manual on how to Reset it after searching the thing for 20 minutes, and the explaination is like 2 sentences long and doesn't describe the process very well. it just says "When it's open it's normal and you close it to reset it" And I'm like "wtf? how do you close it?" well in a sense that would be my question. I'm leaning towards thinking Shorting screwed up the AGP slot is the problem. If so should i just call Gigabyte and tell them it came defective? Because i have literally no funds left to spend.

Some have 3, some have 2. My Gigabyte has 2. There should be small black jumper, kinds short so it might look like its part of the mobo, take tweesers or something small, maybe pliers, and pull the jumper off, then just go one pin down and slide it on the one pin, there wont be another pin to put in the second hole of the jumper, leave there for a few seconds, replace the jumper to where you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom