HELP *new pc has become a doorstop

Status
Not open for further replies.
only thing it can be really is the motherboard or the cpu, most likely the board tbh, i would send it back and get a replacement.

Im interested into what sort of arrangement you had with your friend to build his computer?
did you charge him?
did he buy all the parts?
would he have charged you if it didnt work properly?

I personaly wouldnt want to build a pc for a friend because of the likely hood of problems.

where can i get one?

you know... its funny cuz i never actually thought of the fact that no there isnt a speaker connected to the mobo :eek:

if the board is dead is it user fault or manufacturer?

all the usb plugs were inserted correctly according to the mobo manual so... i wouldnt class plugging in a printer as user fault.

uzi9mm said:
Save time and trouble get a POST card!!!!!
what exactly is a POST card?
are you talking about the cardboard pictures which you write on the back and send to people through the old-fashioned mail system? (lol)

plug in the speaker and listen for beeps. if it doesn't beep I would get it RMA'd
and no I don't think plugging a USB device is user fault

Did you install the D-Bracket 2? If so you don't NEED a post card. MSI motherboards have the ability to give ther own post codes, just pull out the book and read the lights.

My husband and I just went thru this last night with his. We were redoing his case and had to figure out what 8 beeps and the right set of lights were. Turns out his video card wasn't in properly. Liz

Chances are it could be an IRQ conflict with your AGP slot. I had a similar problem with a customer's machine. Go into Bios & check which IRQ's your AGP & USB buses are using. If they are the same, switch one to an IRQ that is not being used.

thx 4 that m8 but err... its kinda impossible to access the bios becuase the monitor goes straight into standby.

the d-bracket idea however was excellent i hadn't yet looked past the usb ports on that thing. gonna examine that now and get the speaker hooked up. cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom