Installing Win 2000 (booting to CD ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryansrt

Solid State Member
My Win2000 Advanced Server CD will not boot. How can I get my PC booted to start the install? It will boot a Win XP disc with ease. I have an authentic COA & called microsoft but they were no help.

Any ideas?

EDIT: THe HD is currently blank, formatted with NTFS.

hmmm wierd , donno , but you can try setting the cd drive as first boot devise or hit f11 upon starting the computer.

I dunno if there's any difference between 2k Pro and 2k Advanced Server, but the 98 bootdisks don't work with my 2k.

Get the 2k disks from www.bootdisk.com or create them using the 2k disk. There's a folder called BOOTDISK somewhere on the disc. It holds 2 files to make bootdisks. 1 for w32 and 1 for DOS. You can use an 98 disk to acces the disc from DOS.

TheMajor said:
I dunno if there's any difference between 2k Pro and 2k Advanced Server, but the 98 bootdisks don't work with my 2k.

Get the 2k disks from www.bootdisk.com or create them using the 2k disk. There's a folder called BOOTDISK somewhere on the disc. It holds 2 files to make bootdisks. 1 for w32 and 1 for DOS. You can use an 98 disk to acces the disc from DOS.

looks like i need to pick up a floppy drive. I haven't used one in years.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom