MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac's ARE DEFINATELY MORE STABLE look at my poll, ask people, go to any Internet site and you will always get "Mac's are more stable than Windows"
even Ive had to reinstall SOOOOO MANY TIMES on this computer, but we NEVER HAD TO REINSTALL ONCE on our Mac computer!

most of what he said is false? back this up before you say anything.

dang,i think we have this thread already or sumthin ..because i can remember clearly how things went in that thread.

oh,..i prefer PCs

iory_yagamy said:
:confused: mac is better than pc!!! that's obbious!!
mac have more stabiility and if you look arround you will find that in every professional field you will find more macs rather than pcs
a lot of people arround the world use pc cause is less expansive than mac. also the only operating system that you could install in your new built pc is windows, that why pc and windows are so popular. how many times do you have to make a fresh installation of windows, again and again?
pc are cheap , easy to build and taht is another reason of why is so popular but it doesnt mean that is the best.
mac is better computer than the pc

so youre saying that multi-billion dollar companies like ebay.com and amazon.com are just using pcs beacuse they are cheap? the statement that Macs are used more in every professional field is just absurd, if they were dont you think that instead of having people in the IT departments and CIS training programs would use Macs? but they dont! every academy i have ever been to has used PCs, and no, the only OS you can install in your new PC isnt Windows, ever heard of Unix, Linux, Red Hat? if youre trying to say that PCs are only for windows you are sorely mistaken, its the other way around, Macs are only for Mac OS, i have only had to reinstall my personal OS 1 time, and that was because i wanted to upgrade to XP Pro, intead of home, yes PCs are cheaper and easier to build, and that does make them better, easier to upgrade, and more cost-effective, would your business rather buy a car that has 2 seats and no trunk for $60000 or a 10 passenger van with plenty of cargo room for $10000? the lower priced, and more useful machine is better for business and btw learn how to spell

dethangel said:
so youre saying that multi-billion dollar companies like ebay.com and amazon.com are just using pcs beacuse they are cheap? the statement that Macs are used more in every professional field is just absurd, if they were dont you think that instead of having people in the IT departments and CIS training programs would use Macs? but they dont! every academy i have ever been to has used PCs, and no, the only OS you can install in your new PC isnt Windows, ever heard of Unix, Linux, Red Hat? if youre trying to say that PCs are only for windows you are sorely mistaken, its the other way around, Macs are only for Mac OS, i have only had to reinstall my personal OS 1 time, and that was because i wanted to upgrade to XP Pro, intead of home, yes PCs are cheaper and easier to build, and that does make them better, easier to upgrade, and more cost-effective, would your business rather buy a car that has 2 seats and no trunk for $60000 or a 10 passenger van with plenty of cargo room for $10000? the lower priced, and more useful machine is better for business and btw learn how to spell

By the way, learn about operating systems. Red Hat is a type of Linux, not a different thing altogther, as your post suggests. Mac OSX has UNIX; FreeBSD 4.4 layered onto the Darwin platform with the Mach Kernal to be specific, so UNIX is not an exclusivity of PCs. Also, Macintosh computers can use many incarnations of Linux; Yellow Dog, Debian, Mandrake, and so on. Also, Macintosh computers have a Windows emulation software through Virtual PC which, though no substitute for a true boot, give macs extreme flexability to use a majority of the x86 programs.

Side note: Ive never reformatted my hard drive besides to install Mac OSX 10.2 over 10.1.5.

You may want to learn how to write before you go correcting him. Having a paragraph long sentence is just as bad, if not worse, than his many mispellings.

Here is the cultprit: if youre trying to say that PCs are only for windows you are sorely mistaken, its the other way around, Macs are only for Mac OS, i have only had to reinstall my personal OS 1 time, and that was because i wanted to upgrade to XP Pro, intead of home, yes PCs are cheaper and easier to build, and that does make them better, easier to upgrade, and more cost-effective, would your business rather buy a car that has 2 seats and no trunk for $60000 or a 10 passenger van with plenty of cargo room for $10000?

Side Note 2: I would, also, never buy a 10000$ van, regardless of whether it was for my business or not. The cost effectiveness of it is probably quite low, as it is probably old, used and beaten up. Plus, how could I convince customers to buy from me when Im driving s shitty van? Id rather spend 40,000$ on a quality van than spend 40,000$ on 4 of those pieces of crap you are talking about. Just my opinion, though Im sure people will agree with me.

I see about 7 potential spots for a period in that gross display of improper comma [over]use. The period, your friend at the end. He tells people when to breathe, you see. You are depriving them of necessary air when you dont put that period in properly. So, come on man. Do it for the people.

PS: Please strengthen your arguements. Im getting bored with your weak ones.

iory_yagamy said:
mac is better than pc!!! that's obbious!!
mac have more stabiility and if you look arround you will find that in every professional field you will find more macs rather than pcs
a lot of people arround the world use pc cause is less expansive than mac. also the only operating system that you could install in your new built pc is windows, that why pc and windows are so popular. how many times do you have to make a fresh installation of windows, again and again?
pc are cheap , easy to build and taht is another reason of why is so popular but it doesnt mean that is the best.
mac is better computer than the pc

dethangel said:

well for a lot of it I agree with deathangel, Mac's are not very widely used anywhere, PC's are not "crappy and cheap" and the Windows machine does run more than just Windows.

the one biggest reason people go for PC's is because of compatibility, everybody has got one, they can swap files, they are more used to it!

I like the Windows machine, I am running one at the moment, but if i had the money i would get a Mac, it is what I personally prefer

one of the reasons Mac is more stable is because most people use Windows, virus makers want to do more damage so they target Windows machines, and Mac's are just left alone

but that is not because windows is "weak" and mac is "strong" its because of the # of installed units

pc's have much more devices, software, and hardware configurations than a Mac, i would assume. And there are so many different pc companies with their own makes and models. its no wonder there is more problems with a pc. if a mac had so many choices would it still be as stable? its hard to really compare the two because its not apples to apples comparison. but i prefer pc because not only is it more compatible, cheaper, but more software is available to pc and maybe even more hardware too. in any case i agree with the fact that there is a reason why large orporations use pc over mac. does mac have a network operating system that compares to what's available for pc? it really doesnt matter which is better, mac or pc. i say let someone use whatever they like.

I agree, let people use what they like, or what they can afford. It's no lie that Macs are WAY more expensive than PC's. With PC's, you can go to your local Wal-Mart and pick up an eMachines, an external/internal DVD/CD-RW, about $300 dollars worth of games, game controllers, graphics cards, speakers, etc, for less than $2000. With Macs, you have to order from licensed resellers, or go to an official Apple store. You have to pick out your machine, decide on if you want it customized with more RAM, or a certain size of HD, then you can buy the extras(if you have any money left, because at best, the computer will run you about $800[and that's for a bottom line eMac]) like speakers, or games, or other peripherals. But it's all made or certified by Apple. So it all has Apple prices. And at Apple stores, there is no such thing as "free" RAM. And when you buy a computer at an Apple store, you have to fill out at least a page of information for your free one year .Mac subscription and you also have to register your Mac, you can do it at the Apple store, or online the first time you turn on your Mac. But it is a time consuming process, and Lord knows we hate wasting time.

But because of this tedious process, you feel a bit more "special" about your choice of computer, knowing that when you go to wal mart, no one says, "congratulations on your computer purchase!" or, "hey, you got the new model!" you only get a," thank you for shopping at wal mart"

But once again, it's a personal choice, and "personally" I choose Mac. :)

stormy78 said:
Ok guys this is getting a little ridiculous. Lets let the mac users have their egos and whine about it in whisper. Otherwise the thread needs to be closed.

I can only see one ego here; It's not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom