New build, parts/price ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the GT's I listed were AGP, I need pci-e. Those are closer to or over $500! :-(

I will probably just stick with the plain 6800. The benchmarks I saw were pretty good anyways. Have you guys seen reviews where the GT's really added that much?

cloud said:
you lost me.

hes gettin a raptor, which is expensive and not worth it imo if your not gonna upgrade your more important parts first

that raptor is 175 bucks which is more than the cost of goin from a reg to a gt

Monarchcomputer.com rocks! I am able to upgrade to a Asus P5AD2-E motherboard and a BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC for roughly the same amount out the door due to NO TAX NO SHIPPING as compared to newegg!

nice but why spend so much on a 3.4 pentium, i got a 3.2 and have got it to 3.8 safely... n it cost a lot less

If you are gaming, I would highly recomend an AMD combo over the intel one. If you want to learn more, search google for some benchmarks.

VIII - I only see a $60 difference. What did you find a 3.2 for?

Chris - I have seen the benchmarks. But I do a lot more than just gaming and some of the apps that take advantage of the HT tech are a lot faster on the P4's. I thought it would be a good all around system for both games and my work apps.

Are you really only going to use 74 GB of hard drive space? If I were you I would get a second 7200PRM hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom