I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all comes down to individual systems. Some people have had great results using the card while people like yourself are obviously not.

I'm sure there is probably a twin thread in another forum slating the nVidia chip!

..didn't know my gamecube had ati inside, thats a pretty decent chip!

What good is fire, if you don't throw in any fuel? :D

EDIT: How do you like the X800 XT PE? Must be damn nice!

SanToast said:
You got me all wrong... I said I don't blaim you because I would complain about a 9200 also... But then again, I have an old 9000 and this card plays games like BF with NO PROBLEMS.

If your talking about BF1942, you shouldn't.

It actually doesn't take to much to run, take it from me who runs at medium detail 1600x1200 on a ATI 8500 64mb with no glitches.

They made that game great for what it requires to play it.

Hmmm it is very unfortunate how many of you all have such god awful ATi problems. My ATi works fine, HL2 is on best settings, Doom 3 is on best settings. And everything runs smooth. I have only had one problem and it was fixed very easily. I reccomend getting ATi. Beedubya I do not know what to tell you regarding your 8fps and a X800pro, my friend has the x800 pro and it runs smooth, I do not believe it's on highest settings, but it runs extremely well. He is also not very computer savy and did not make any big changes or tweaks.

Maybe you can install it to another computer and see if anything is different? You are dealing with a great amount of money and it would be huge bummer if you found out there was something else wrong.

If all goes to worse, you can possibly find a good ebay sale of your beloved Nvidia for a good price, just make sure he has alot of good sale reviews first, you don't want to end up with more problems.

Your card works fine because you know how to setup a computer. ;)

90% of the people here who don't see visual performance blame their cards.

Im still betting he didnt install the drivers right. That may have been answered, but im not sifting thru flames

Sorry 2 hear about ur card man, I know if I had spent that much on a card and got results like that I would have been really angry...
the only reason I got my 6600GT was because I didn't know a thing about the X series of ATI and I guess I'm glad i did

SanToast said:
Your card works fine because you know how to setup a computer. ;)

90% of the people here who don't see visual performance blame their cards.

How much tweaking do you expect me to do? I've tried everything. From clean XP installs to downloading those PC booster programs. When you pay $400 for a video card, it shouldn't take major tweaking to get good performance out of it. The reason he sees good performance is because he got the X800XT P.E., which is tons better than the X800 Pro, due to the full 16-pipes being activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom