Experimental PC: **edit**for lack of a "special" case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nub I thought of a pretty good way to mount and not ruin any pieces as far as the mobo s concerned i think im going to hang mine on these:
4623.png

Ahh crazy adamhic, those would work perfect. I don't know if my friend even has those, and if he does we'd have to go searching through quite a bit lol. His is all in like 8 big tubs, none are really organized, so it'll be interesting to say the least.

Re: Experimental PC: for lack of a case

nice cabling job, you can see the whole mobo... lol

does that really ruin your parts cuz you dont have a case? or will it still run just as well as a pc with a case?

It will run, just dust will reduce life span of the components.

I still like the idea of mounting it in a mini-fridge or something, see how high u can overclock that mofo

or get one of those old mac all in ones (the really old ones) and put it in there and put an lcd screen in.

that would be tight

adamhic said:
Hey Nub I thought of a pretty good way to mount and not ruin any pieces as far as the mobo s concerned i think im going to hang mine on these:
4623.png

imagin rocking up to a lan party with a lego pc

assuming you built it strong enough to be completely portable. Would hate to pick it up and they all crumble to pieces

JLobes said:
It will run, just dust will reduce life span of the components.

I still like the idea of mounting it in a mini-fridge or something, see how high u can overclock that mofo

you then have to worry about condensation moisture because the second a spot of wet hits hat thing its fry city.....in a fridge there is tojns of moisture from the air going from one temp down to another....this is a great sounding idea but if it was truly workable dont you think all us geeks here would have a mini fridge in the computer corner stead of a lian-li or thermaltake or ehhhem......lego box?

I would of thought the fridge would burn out if it was put in a fridge, as the heat would burn out the motor (or what ever it is called.

to get rid of the water problem get one of those moisture collector things, that are used to get rid of mold in a damp house. sorry i can't think of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom