Big Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Ok, my computer is giving me a blue screen, and restarting whenever I try to get into windows. Before, it wa saying, "NTLDR" error, and it would then say, "press CtrL+Alt+Delete", to restart. Well recently, I gave the comp to someone to fix. They didn't charge me, and simply used a recovery disc on it. Well, when I got it back, everything booted fine, and then Windows asked me to restart, since it detected new hardware and needed to restart. I said ok, and when it restarted, it went to a blue screen, and then restarted again, prompting me with options of going into Windows normally, safe mode, sade mode with networking, etc. Well I went into Safe mode, and when I clicked on System Recovery, it restarted again and now I have a blue screen with this error message-

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF8718231, 0xF898c690, 0xF898c390)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, so I try a system recovery, and when it is 38% done, I get that damn blue screen again, but this time it says-

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

blah, blah, generally the same stuff after that, and then

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE238c7FA, 0x00000000, 0x804666F8, 0x00000001)

ok, I just turned my computer off, then on, and it says

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file

Boot from your CD and follow the directions to start Recovery Console. Then:

Attrib -H C:\Boot.ini
Attrib -R C:\Boot.ini
Attrib -S C:\Boot.ini
DEL C:\Boot.ini
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

Thanks a lot! I certainly hope that this works! But unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to get my recovery disk back. Someone else needed it, but hey, as long as it gets working. This comp is gonna be my girlfriend's next pc, so I can move along to my badass gaming rig. It has sentimental value so I hate to see it suffer.

First make sure your memory is properly seated and even change the slots and if that doesn't work then...

This is most likely a faulty processor in the computer, I've seen this a couple times and had to have the cpu and sometimes the motherboard replaced to fix...

well, would of been nice to know what hardware it had found before this happened. see if you can get into safe mode. also disconnect any external peripherials except kbd, mouse, you know... the essentials. anyhow, the boot.ini trick above will hopefully do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom