D-Link Router Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magma

Baseband Member
My D-Link DI-614+ Revision B router seems to time out every once and while and I have to unplug it and reset the router for it to work..

Anyone know why? Is it common at all?

Response from Tech-support said try this:

A large amount of traffic may lock the router up. Disable any broadcast protocols or unused protocols such as NetBEUI and IPX/SPX: Just 1 IE window open and MSN...

Disable UPnP if not being used on both your computer (ME or XP) and on the router (Tools - Misc).Its not on..

Check the log on your router. Is it showing a large amount of traffic? If coming from 1 IP address, you may want to use the IP Filter to block that user No

Check the log settings and uncheck some of the items the router will report. yup done

Check your firewall and virtual server settings on the router. Too many may degrade performance of the router. Only have them as defualt..

Upgrade firmware at http://support.dlink.com/downloads. If you have the latest version, flash it again. First thing I did

Perform a hard reset on the router and reconfigure. With the unit powered on, use a paperclip and hold down the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Release and wait about 20 seconds. DO NOT power off while holding the reset button.
Tried that one more than once.

RMA it, i have had same problem.

I am doing that soon :) I would try changing the MTU a bit lower on the router though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom