Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
here are two notebooks I am looking at:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10384175&loc=

and
http://www.gateway.com/home/deals/offers/m405.shtml

the Gateway does not come with wireless or a cd burner, but I'm not sure I would need one ( I can use a thumb drive) the gateway is $100 less after the rebate. although, the ACER can read dvd's.
the gateway also sports faster ram.

I will buy more ram off newegg no matter which one I get.
weight and price have been a huge factor in my notebook search. the ACER is 6.4lbs, which is acceptable( I would Not buy anything weighing more than that) and the gateway has no specific weight. the series of gateway notebooks weighs ~6.17 Ibs.

The Acer. I would never buy a Gateway especially with all of the problems they are having. I have had too many people tell me of their problems with Gateways.

Also, I owned an Acer that I bought back in 1988 that just went out on me last year. I use it to play old Atari - style games and the likes. 16 years for a desktop PC with no problems AT ALL is phenominal. If I ever bought another desktop instead of building my own, I would buy another Acer. Good brand with quality products put into their machines.

An acer laptop lasted my uncle a few years

Than the screen broke off, fixed it, and it's working again. Minus all the stickers because i couldnt find a screw :p

Echo_ said:
id save up and buy a better laptop because those are gonna be helluva slow
No, the celeron M IS a P4 (only rebranded), it has 512Kb of l2 cache (the same amount as my current cpu) The P4's of that range(1.4ghz -2ghz) had 512Kb of l2 cache. I am adding more ram on my own since it is cheaper so that will boost performance considerably, which I already mentioned.

those are gonna be helluva slow
If you are going to make a statement, the least you could do is try to back it up with facts/ personal experiance/review sites, so that you don't look so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom