CPU temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
i have an amd 2700+ not overclocked and i was wondering what an average and suitable temperature would be...sometimes mine gets as hot as 54 C..is that too hot??

is that 54C full load? If that's the case then that's perfectly fine.

My 2400+ would hit 64C on full load BUT that's not really good and I suggest if you are getting 60C and above on full load you look into better cooling.

Mine was a stock cooler in a case with absolutely no fans, this was before I knew about computers.

Like I said though if it's 54C on 100% CPU Utilization you're good to go.

It all depends on your case ventilation and Heat Sink and Fan. I have an Athlon Xp 2500+ Mobile CPU running from 1.83Ghz stock to where I have it now at 2.42Ghz. My temps stay around 36Celsius but I have 7 case fans and a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Heat Sink and Fan with the adjustable speed control. I have run mine at full load and never gotten past 42Celsius.

In my opinion, your's isn't too hot per se, but it's too hot for me. Even considering mine is a mobile CPU that runs quite a bit hotter than regular desktop CPUs. I would consider ventilation and an adjustable heat sink fan. Also Arctic Silver thermal paste dropped my CPU temp 8 Celsius.

i have a kingwin muntant x gaming case with 3 case fans..umm its hittin around 50 when im just fiddlin around in bios....

Mine goes way over that when I'm playing a game. (not even overclocked) Of course Intel released the E0 stepping way after I got mine. It runs 10 C cooler.

well im just making sure that i dont do damage to the cpu...i wasnt sure wut a typical temp was for a cpu

when i first got my prescott( bout 2 weeks ago ) it was running 45 IDLE and about 55 during games.. because I had a williamette b4 that and was gettin CPU temps of about 29, I got a lil worried too but its all good... the heatpad on the stock p4 hsf melted in about a week lol, so I got a zalman now and re did the thermalpaste, now it runs about 38 IDLE
its hard to compare AMD with P4 but if ur worried about it , just get a better cpu heatsinkfan

In my opinion, your's isn't too hot per se, but it's too hot for me. Even considering mine is a mobile CPU that runs quite a bit hotter than regular desktop CPUs.

What?! I thought Mobiles run a lot cooler, isnt that why they are mobiles? They use less voltage and run cooler, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom