What MOBO should i buy? Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
HELLO,
I have a pentium 4 ,2.4 GHz and A Geforce 6600 Gt AGP graphics card. What kind of mobo should i upgrade too? I`m buying a new computer at the end of the year so i want a good motherboard so when i buy my new computer i don`t have to buy another mobo. Any suggestions would be great, THANKS

P.S- i`ve heard ASUS motherboards are really bad, is this true?

Well it kinda depends on id you want to use it on your current spec. Different processors have different pin arrangements and need different sockets on the motheroard to work. Yours for example I imagine is a 478 processor and so to run that on a motherboard you need one with a 478 socket.

I just (this week) bought a whole system on the 478 technology, using an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard and it really is great. Some people believe 478s are being outdated which is kinda true, but in a few months they will bring out new intel 64 processors which will use a different chip. Basically you cant buy a new mobo for your current PC and be future safe, so you will need to look into a new socket. That kinda depends on what processor you will go with too (P4, AMD etc)

P.S- i`ve heard ASUS motherboards are really bad, is this true?
IMO it's true although there's a lot of people who swear by em.

Their quality has gone downhill from what it used to be IMO.

Also if you don't speak taiwanese goodluck getting tech support.

I tried installing a graphics card and it wouldn't work, their response 'You need new graphics card, cards more powerful these days" whatever the hell that was supposed to mean. I got an MSI board and it worked like a charm so obviously it wasn't the card.

So I personally think they suck now, but like I said a lot of people still think they are awesome. BleH!

I like Asus.

However I belive their quality has went downhill. Random CPU failed due to overclocking, my PC always reboots (maybee not mobo's problem) and the BIOS came corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom