Strange crash on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
URGENT: Strange crash on boot and BSOD

After finishing some work in my case (installing rear exhast fan, I booted my system as I normally do, Winodws came up fine, but once I ad logged in and watched all my start up items come up, I tried to use a shortcut (on the desktop), but it would not work. My Computer and other actual items on the desktop (like recycle bin) worked fine, but any shortcut or link did not (including the links within explorer windows, such as the "empty recycle bin" link). The start menu worked for a minute or so, but then even that would not come up. A CTRLALTDEL to try and reboot failed (menu came up, but system showed no attempts to reboot (ie hdd access). A hard reset rebooted the system and links work now. But what could have caused this quasi-crash? Is it indicative of hardware damage/problems? Or is it just a random incedent that has no possibility of happening again and no lingering effects of triggers? I thought XP pro was supposed to be very stable... what could cause it to crash like this on boot?

EDIT: I just got a rather ultra Blu screen of death. It was just that: a blue screen. No text or anything. Just a blue screen. What is going on? When the computer works, it works fine, but then this... I am in desperate need of help:grind:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom