HD Won't partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Grrr I'm getting so angry at this. I'm now guessing I've gotten a 2nd defective HD in a row or something. I'm in the windows CD where you select to create a partition so you can install windows on it. I hit C to create it then hit enter for the desired amount, it returns to the previous window STILL UNPARTITIONED!!

This is just pissin me off now. Anyone ever had this BS happen and if so was it simply due to a defective HD or what?

I assume you've already formatted the drive?

Anyways, I've never used the partition in the Windows Installer when installing on a new drive, I just install to one big partition, then later install Partition Magic and partition my system drive within Windows.

What do you mean you install to one big partition? When you put in a new hard drive it's not formatted or anything and in the windows screen you have to create a partition and then format that partition. I have to be able to create it first before I can format it.

When you 'install to one big partition' you gotta create one when first installing Windows.

Blah good god. Grrrrrr, this goes to prove, no matter how good you get with computers you will always make the most noobest of mistakes.

The SATA cable was plugged into the HD JUST enough that it would actually show up on the screen, but not enough to do anything beyond that.

It moved like a centimeter, and upon doing so it now partitioned like it should right away.

Thanks anyways guys :p

If I can't partition it using the normal windows method, then somethings wrong.

Plus I got it fixed now but thanks anyway charles

:p

I've always found that the things you would least expect to solve the problem are usually the ones that work.

I remember when I first installed the network card on this computer, it kept crashing during the driver installation. I spent about 2 hours troubleshooting it, even reinstalled Windows. Then I decided I should try searching for driver updates, found some, loaded them, and I felt like a complete boon.

Yeah =/ Well they need to develop a better way of attaching the SATA's. I've never come across a computer where they are 100% securely attached. That tiny little connector easily gets moved just enough to slip off from the tiniest of movement and it's pretty annoying =/

Don't know how they'd go about making it hold on there as strong as an IDE though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom