Flashing my fx5700 256meg card!!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardy89

In Runtime
Is there any point in doing this, and also wat will it get me in the end??

I dont think i can flash it to an ultra speeds coz that uses gddr3 memory and mine just has normal stuff. I amy b wrong and thats wat i'm asking?

Thanks in advance

I don't think all of the FX 5700 Ultras have that GDDR3 memory. I just saw a review that was writtin in march about it's design, but I don't know if it became standard or what.

But a flashing of the BIOS doesn't simply turn a card from plain into Ultra. That requires modding it and then flashing the BIOS so it gets recognized as an ultra. I don't believe such mod exists for the 5700.

The closest mod to that is the 6800, yes it doesn't have GDDR3 memory, but you can still mod it to Ultra speeds, but of course it wouldn't technically perform quite as well.

Ok? So what exactly are you getting it? You still can't flash it to Ultra. Every card has a BIOS

well is there any point in getting this bios that i gave u a link to, shud i just leave it as it is?

No there's no point. What do you expect to gain from it? It won't change your card in the slightest bit and theres always that chance of something going wrong so I'd say just leave it alone

right so it wont give me any performance increase!!! i dont think i'll bother with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom