Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
Can anyone here tell me how its possible to run dual monitors and have each one do its own thing? such as running maybe aim on one screen with a normal desktop and watching a movie or playing a game on the other monitor.

Yes. You need 2 videocards or a videocard with 2 outputs. (mostly 1 vga and 1 DVI) Then connect a CRT to the vga connector and an LCD to the DVI. Or a second CRT using an adapter.

Simple as TheMajor said. As long as both monitors are at the same resolution, you should be fine...

well i did that but i dont know how to get them to be seperate so i could play games on one while instang messaging on the other.

You need to set that up in your video card options.

Some video cards won't support that, though, so you need to look at the doco.

Otherwise, you just tell it you want them to act independantly, or seamless, or whatever.

I do know that some video cards won't support some dual-monitor modes if one is on DVI and the other is on VGA.

Once again, you'll just have to check out the doco for your card(s).

You also have to tell the Vid card which will be the default monitor or it will choose for you. I'd suck if you try this and the game launches in the same screen as your AIM.. leaving you with a nice empty desktop and NO AIM during game play.

All of these settings can be made in the Display properties of the vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom