why did my computer restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I just woke up this morning to find that my computer had restarted my itself overnight.

i was wondering if there was any way to ascertain why it had done the deed?

check event viewer; system and application logs. you may find some clues there. goto control panel, admin tools, event veiwer

also, turn off 'Automatically restart computer after system failure'. It's in system properties, advanced tab, startup & recovery. If left on and a blue screen occurs then the pc will automatically reboot.

PSUs have a lot to do with restarts.

Were you encoding or anything? Some software restart once it does its job. Alternativly it could be temperature shut down...

i was downloading using one of the ptp softwares. nothing else. no coding nothing.

i would have bought the psu overheating but it was freezing here !!

if i do the
"turn off 'Automatically restart computer after system failure'. It's in system properties, advanced tab, startup & recovery."
will it affect my computer adversely.

min the event viewer should i be looking at system or application

i was going throough the event log, and i found out that the Event log service was stopped
do you guys know what the cause of that could be?

prior to that i had Received" a PPPoE Active Discovery packet with vendor-specific information." &

"Received a PPPoE Active Discovery Session-confirmation packet without a Host Unique ID tag. " the packet was ignored

you think some one hacked his way into my machine and turned of the event log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom