problems...keep my BFG 6800 gt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you overclocking at all? if so are you oc'ing the cpu or your gfx card...

I got stuttering and artefacting on my 6600GT when I pushed the core speed upto 570mhz and the mem speed upto 1400mhz... Now I just run it at 500mhz core and 1120mhz mem and its sweet as... just a bit hot!

But if you are oclocking your cpu... make sure you have locked the agp as you could be ocing this at the same time by accident and this can cause the problems you are experiencing.

If you arent oc'ing... what are your system temps like?
does your 6800GT take an extra power plug? have you pluged it in? are you running other programs at the same time? have you checked for conflicting IRQs?

this is my second 6800gt. took it back and exchanged already. i know both gt's where from different batches, the first one i got had the pre-66.93 drivers on its driver cd, older card. this one i got now had the 66.93 drivers on its cd and thats what i'm running now. all these cards run the same in my system. i'm not overclocking anything. I have the power plugged into my card. i'm running no programs while gaming, even turned off AV. My temps are normal for the card and cpu. I notice that my gt is sharing and irq with 2 usb controllers. would this cause conflict?? i read that xp had irq steering and sharing irq is will not cause conflicts.

update..

I disabled the usb controllers on the same irq as my gt. no changes..

here is some others things i have tryed..

pci latency from 256 to 0, no changes
disable fast write
agp aperture size from 64 to 256 mb, no changes
cleaned all old drivers with driver cleaner
beta driver 67.03, many people seem to like this beta
got RivaTuner and started playing with options

nothing seems to make the card run better or worse...

apokalipse said:
it's not possible to run an AGP 8x card at AGP 2x

I can set my AGP 4x card to run at 2x, so I guess I was just assuming you could do the same with 8x.

Also, I've seen many cards that are 8x that will also run at 4x for older motherboards. Is this true for all 8x cards?

Only thing I can think of is driver conflict, between what, I don't know. Or your missing something pretty simple in the settings which shouldn't be it because its freshly installed drivers. The card from what I can tell is fine, it's a software issue, I know that much. Did you try reformatting your pc with a fresh os? If that doesnt work then I would call up bfg, e-mail, whatever, and ask them if they have had any other complaints like this sort of thing, and also maybe submit them your other hardware to see if they know if thats what may be conflicting with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom