PowerColor or eVGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meilo

Beta member
Hi,

i'm building a new pc but i don't have many choices in graphic cards. Right now I have 2 choices, both PCIe

- PowerColor Radeon X600 256MB
- eVGA nVidia PCX 5750 256MB

Been looking around and can't find enough info about those cards. Which one you think is better? I'm not familiar with both brands (always had ATI made cards).

Thanks

Thanks. I might be able to get the GeForce 6600GT PCIe with 128 MB Ram DDR3, from MSI. Is that a good one? (never had a MSI card before) I've seen many with OpenGL 2 support and this one seems to have OpenGL 1.5 only.

Thanks for that link, i have a low budget so bleh, it hurts to see how low your new-card-to-get performs, heh.

eVGA, stay clear of that X600 as it's complete crap especially compared to the 6600GT

MSI is a good brand, but still in this case I'd choose eVGA first, MSI second.

the msi is one of the cheapest and quietest 6600gts but the evga overclocks better becuase it has a better cooler. if ur on a tight budget the msi version will do u no harm at all :)

Thanks, so its pretty much a 6600 then. So far i found (here) these ones:

- MSI 6600 GT 128 DDR3
- eVGA 6600 256 MB
- eVGA 6600 GT 128 DDR3 (about $50 more than the MSI one)

So, is the eVGA 6600 better than the MSI 6600 GT? or the eVGA 6600 GT worth the extra $50 bucks over the MSI one? sorry about so many questions, heh, but as i said, low budget and its a bit hard to find some stuff here, like amd cpus, the best one here is the athlon 64 3000+ :confused: So far its gonna be a P4 HT 3.2 Ghz LGA775 with either an intel or gigabyte mobo (still not sure which one).

6600 comes in 256 ??? oh, the non GT. . cool

Id say get the eVGA if u can afford it, in midrange cards, 128 is kinda better than a 256.. when u get to high end, its obvious that 256 is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom