USB/FW Motherboard Question PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rememberme

In Runtime
I will try to be as specific as possible:

I have an Asus P4C700EDeluxe motherboard which has 4 USB ports already fixed on. In the box, there is a cover to a PCI expantion slot which has 4 extra usb ports on. From the back of this are two wires which plug into two sockets on the mobo to make the extra USBs functional.

Instead of using the cover, I want to connect two USB ports that ard on the top of my case. However, the mobo USBs have different plugs to the case USBs (presumable because each lead works two, while on the case, each lead works one).

pic1.jpg

The black plug in the picture works ONE usb port on the top of the case. The blue socket is for a plug that works TWO USBs on the cover...

pic3.jpg

I need to know if I can just plug this into the top line of each socket to make them functional? Or do I use the bottom line?

****************SECOND QUESTION*************

Pretty much the same as before, but I am using a firewire plug with labels that are different from the mobo lables...

pic2.jpg

Here I have started to plug the FW plug into the socket on the mobo. The labels are below:
pic4.jpg

I have done the TPAO+ and -, then I have the only plug that had ground on it plugged into the GND socket and I have the TPB0s plugged in next.

I am left with two +12v sockets and two GND sockets with four plugs; 2xVG and 2xVP

I am assuming VG is something ground and so these two go in the ground sockets and the VPs are for the volt sockets? Correct??

Thanks - first build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom