Closing "ccApp"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
When I shut down or restart my computer it takes about 20 seconds or so to close down ccApp. What causes this and how can I stop it from doing this ?

CCAP.EXE is a process belonging to the Symantec AntiVirus Internet Security suite, which is repsonsible for keeping your computer secure from Internet-bound threats. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Mine does the same thing, but closes in about 1 second or less. I barely have enough time to read it when it pops up.

I have System Works 2005 and Personal Firewall 2003, which is causing it? If it's just system works do you still think i should get rid of both ?

It's a Norton process, can't be helped as long as you have Norton. Do NOT terminate it on your own as long as you have Norton.

If you want to get rid of it, get rid of Norton and go for Avast. I do NOT recommend AVG, personally. It allowed me to get a boot virus Dec 2003 and I could not delete it cause it would not delete them. Since I didn't know WHERE the virus was, I didn't know to turn off system restore so I kept reinfecting myself. So I can not, in good faith, recommend AVG. Liz

I have the same problem on my old pc, everytime i went to shut down or restart the pc, actually most times, not everytime, i would get the message that ccApp.exe was not responding, so i either ended it manually or it just ends up shutting off on its own, not a big deal, but i knwo what u mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom