Broadband Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

toogreen

Baseband Member
Hi, I just got my new computer running and need help hooking up my DSL setup. I have the CAT5 cable hooked up but need to know if there is any install disks I need to activate it or what. My connection does get recognized but when I open Explorer nothing. Ive tryed to setup a connection but didn't work. If any of you know the process to get this running, pleaes let me know.

Edit : Just noticed there was an Internet section, therefor I put a duplicate thread there.

if the dsl is activated go to connections in IE. then lan settings should be set on auto detect...thats unless they give you an ip address..let me knw what happens after that!

Ok, im at school right now I will be home in about 4 hours. I will let you know then.

Ok when I goto the network connections folder, it says my connection is active and is firewalled and running at 400 mbps. Then I right click the connection and click repair. It then says Windows failed to fix connection problem because of following problem. Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connect. Contact the person who manages your connection. So what do you think the problem could be.

turn everything off for 5 min. turn everything back on, cable modem first. disable your firewall. see what happens

try different browser. also in internet connection properties, delete your old phone account and set it for a broadband one that is always on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom