How's this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said he doesn't game much, so why would he need sli?? spend your money on a nice cpu/mobo combo and get a 6600gt (which is still overkill). the 9800 you selected isn't going to work because it's not compatible with your mobo. you need a pci-e video card.

I think im gonna go with a PNY nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card. This is due to the fact I love that mobo so much and its PCI-e so it will work. So I will prolly also stick with the 3.6 or just get the 3.4E.

This is the system now that I have tweeked it a bit.

ASUS P5AD2 Premium mobo
Intel Pentium 4 560J 3.60GHz
Kingston HyperX 240-Pin 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR2 PC2-4300 Ram
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card
Seagate 200GB 7200RPM IDE HDD
Thermaltake Black Highest Xaser III Super Tower
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W PS

I brought down the harddrive a bit because I dont think I will need that much but 200 will deal well with the digital photography im going to deal with. It will also do well with all the word processing I need to do for school.

get a sata harddrive, they have faster transfer rates, just annoying about their driver that is needed :(

Im going to have to agree with the previous post, go with SATA, especially if you're doing alor of photo/video editing, transfer/access rate is important. Maybe a Raid array with some Raptors?

Go p4 when working with files and AMD 64 when working with graphics.

You dont need pc4400, unless you are overclocking it will be slower than most pc3200.

Also if working with video editing, downsize the processor for a better video card like Radeon x850 or GeForce 6800gt.

- Also, Have you considered dual opterons? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom