Bios upgrade with problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang2009

Baseband Member
I just upgraded my bios, everything went smoothly with that until i restarted my computer and noticed all my settings were changed, and Im not to sure on how to change them back, I know how to get to the bios screen, but Im not sure what to change.
My specs are
asus a7n8x2.0 Deluxe motherboard
512 pc3000 kingston
amd2500+
80 gb hard drive, forgot which one
ati 9500 pro

Ok after the install, my computer said I have a 1900+ amd, and that Im running on single channel ram, before it was dual. I would really appricate it if someone would take me through the steps

Even more questons- under the bios, primary vga bios- should it be pci vga card or Agp vga card
My graphics card has 128 mb, so should my grapics Aperture size be 128 or 64.
last question, should my cpu external freq be 133 mhz, it was that before.

I have had the same problems Bro. I have a system that runs the same motherboard and CPU. Here is a fix for you.

Get into the BIOS and scroll to Advanced then Advanced Chipset Features. There should be an option in there "System Performance" set that to "User Defined" and you will now be able to fiddle with your clock speed and multiplier. Do you have the Athlon XP2500+ Mobile? If so the right "Stock" settings are 166mhz and the multiplier to '11X'. Although I have mine set to '166mhz' and '15X' but that is way overclocking it. Although it is very stable in my system, it may not be in yours.

To attempt to fix the memory problem. Change the Memory Frequency to '100%' instead of 'Auto'. Save and exit to make sure the system is stable, and that should work for you.

Thanks so much, Ill try that right now. Also since you have the same mobo, is the newest version for the bios 1008, thats what I just installed. Thanks again

Also you wouldnt know anything about the graphics aperture size, or the primary VGA Card? Like what should I set it at.

I believe the latest BIOS is 1013. As for the Graphics Aperature, my is at 64MB. I left that at default and I am running a BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra without any problems.

i apologize but my motherboard is the ASUS A7N8XE Deluxe. I'm not sure if it the exact same board, but close enough for the BIOS settings. I am not sure about the BIOS being the same though.

Also what are the normal temps for my computer to be running while in the bios. I downloaded speedfan and not sure how to read it, becuase it lists lots of temps for example, this is what it says.
Temp1: 58c
Temp2: 28c
Temp3: -1c
Temp4: 25c
Temp1: 126c
Temp2: 126c
Temp3:0c
Temp: 126c
Temp: 28c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back