I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SanToast said:
beedubaya, i will buy your x800 pro at retail price.

Give me till March when I get the 6800GT, if I don't change my mind before then about upgrading, then I will be happy to sell it to you.

SanToast said:
4W4K3, your complaining about a 9200? I don't blame you!

...your point? If it won't play a simple game like GTA2 (which will playbetter on my 866MHz PC) i think you would complain too. It's a budget card that can't even perform at it's rated specs...i might as well run a RivaTNT2...it would probably get better FPS in Splinter Cell.

People think if it's a cheap/lower performing card then it's not worth complaining about, that's not true. If the manufacturer can't even make a decent budget line of cards then why would you trust them to make higher-end cards that will cost you even more money?

Let's say you buy an older Asus mobo...it's dead out of the box. Return and get a working one...5 months later the AGP slot dies. So you go with a totally different model...and again 5 months later something goes bad with it. Now Asus is making a new line of mobo's that will support your hardware...would go buy it knowing your previous Asus hardware was absolutely horrendous? (even though it was "low end" compared to the new stuff) I think it would take a pretty stubborn/stupid person to go back to a brand they KNOW has given them problems in the past and will more than likely dissapoint them this time as well.

The price of the product means nothing...it just has to work. And so far i have had nothing but problems with Ati...i don't expect there more expensive cards to perform up to my expectations either due to previous experiences.

You got me all wrong... I said I don't blaim you because I would complain about a 9200 also... But then again, I have an old 9000 and this card plays games like BF with NO PROBLEMS.

My 5700 gets 30fps in that mode.

Has any one on this sight noticed the main difference between ATI and NVidia.
NVidia's archetecture is the best. Look at the 6800 ultras core - 400Mhtz Now look at the X800XT 520Mhtz. Yet the Nvidia still beats it in Doom 3 by a ton.
NVidia can destroy ATI in the next series. Nvidia can pop out a 550Mhtz card with even better archetecture any time it feels.
Look at the XBOX. The card in their cost like $30 or less now. But look at the graphics in Halo 2. It beats out almost all of the best PC games out with the X800. Just think what the 6800 ultra is capable of.

Yet the Nvidia still beats it in Doom 3 by a ton.
NVidia can destroy ATI in the next series. Nvidia can pop out a 550Mhtz card with even better archetecture any time it feels.
That's a bit biased though, DOOM 3 was built to run best on nVidia cards, it was built using nVidia cards, so it will obviously work better with nVidia cards.

Also, I've played Halo 2 on Xbox, and the graphics in no way beat out DOOM 3 or Half Life 2 on high settings, it's not even close. I'll give it credit, it's pretty good graphics for a gaming console, but there is no way you can seriously believe it has superior graphics to today's PC GPU cards playing high end games at high settings.

Also, you can't honestly expect a low quality graphics card to perform like any of the higher end ones, can you? It's like buying a Celeron, trying to play Counterstrike: Source with high settings on it, and then instantly dismissing all Intel chips as bad because you expect a value proccesor to play high end games.

I really don't mean to turn this into an ATi vs. nVidia thread, I'm just trying to tell both sides of the story so that people won't instantly stereotype ATi cards as bad or low quality.

SanToast said:
You got me all wrong... I said I don't blaim you because I would complain about a 9200 also... But then again, I have an old 9000 and this card plays games like BF with NO PROBLEMS.

BF = Battle Field? not sure...

I think my sisters 7500 will do better than this card if it were overclocked. I've had a few driver problems, game compatibility problems, DX issues which still appear at certain settings, and past a 5MHz overclock it craps out on me and screws my entire system. It's just a crappy card all around unless it's on pure stock and default settings (not pretty). I'm sure if i went through 2 or 3 more ATi cards i would eventually find one i like...but why would i do that when i know nVidia cards have never given me problems in the past and right now seem to the best option? just my experiences...some people say there nVidia experience has been crap...but not for me.

right now i have 1 game that it will play on deccent settiungs, NFSU. I can't turn on motion blur or crowds unless i want like 10FPS, and i can't go past "balanced" settings at desktop unless i want to crash to the desktop in the middle of a race or possibly bluescreen my computer. with the right settings it will play for days on end, no overheating or problems...but it could look alot bettter on my MX440 ad get better FPS.

Yeah, I've played Halo 2 on XBOX, and it can not compare to today's PC graphics whatsoever. The graphics on today's consoles are starting to look so 2000. That, plus I don't really like the controller, is what makes me an exclusive PC gamer.

gaara said:
Also, you can't honestly expect a low quality graphics card to perform like any of the higher end ones, can you? It's like buying a Celeron, trying to play Counterstrike: Source with high settings on it, and then instantly dismissing all Intel chips as bad because you expect a value proccesor to play high end games.

you missed my point i think. that's not what i am complaining about. i bought a budget card and expected it to run without bluescreening or crashing constantly at regular gaming settings. nothing fancy, 1024*768, no AA/AF, medium settings and details...and it doesn't even work on almost all my games. Like i said before it has numerous problems...i'm not playing Counterstrike:source or HL2...this is in games like GTA2, Splinter Cell, mostly games made in like 1995-2002, and it simply cannot handle them at average settings. i'd be stupid to think it could play something like Thief3 or Pandora Tomorrow (already deamed "old")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom