I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(koldapu):

http://www.thetechlounge.com/review.php?directory=ati_radeon_x800_pro_256&page=6

I honistly can't see how a card like the x800 could do so badly in a game. I know Doom was developed using nVidia chips, but to be so drastically bad sees too odd. The review says it is playable at 1600x on their system but the GT does better. However, on most of the other reviews the x800 can outperform the GT on HL2 and FarCry... if this is the case, it is worth splashing out just for a playable Doom 3? I would wait until another high spec game hits the shelves and make a purchase based on that?

Yeah, maybe it will play on 1600x1200 when your in a tight empty room with few enemies, but when there is fire flinging everywhere, and light sources from several different directions casting multiple shadows, plus enemies, the situation becomes a little different.

rememberme said:
(koldapu):

http://www.thetechlounge.com/review.php?directory=ati_radeon_x800_pro_256&page=6

I honistly can't see how a card like the x800 could do so badly in a game. I know Doom was developed using nVidia chips, but to be so drastically bad sees too odd. The review says it is playable at 1600x on their system but the GT does better. However, on most of the other reviews the x800 can outperform the GT on HL2 and FarCry... if this is the case, it is worth splashing out just for a playable Doom 3? I would wait until another high spec game hits the shelves and make a purchase based on that?

Well, this is the thing. The dilemma is do I want to shell out a $400 just to make Doom 3 play smoothly? There is this expansion comming out in March that I pre-ordered. It would be nice if id would patch it to make it work better with ATI cards, because I know its possible. What other games are scheduled to be released based on the Doom 3 engine? If there are many, it would be worth the upgrade. If not, then it might be worth it to wait for the next generation of cards. $400 is quite a bit of money to me, and I get real nervous when I start talking about spending that kind of money.

Sorry koldapu, misread your post - the link compared the pro to the gt, not the xl! Not much help to your question.

What is the APE utility? It seems like it helps the performance, but I am not sure I have understood exactly what it does...

YanBooth said:
Get the GT, then send the pro to me!
PM me for my address, LOL, I wish...
YNB

Is this the same YanBooth that said he was going to drop $6000 on a PC? Wishing for an X800 Pro???

No offense, it just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I will also never go with ATi again, me and my dad have both had problems with there low end card - so why would i throw money into a high end card of the same brand?

If they can't get there value line right they obviously don't care about the small consumer, and they don't get my support. My MX440 64MB is incredibly better than my 9200 card, and the 9200 has advanced cooling, more DX supprt, better shaders...it jsut sucks. no overclocking, pretty low performance, plays games at less FPS than my MX440 overall...not sure why its so bad. The budget $40 FX5200 my dad purchased is like heaven compared to this card...and its not tweaked or anything, all stock.

6600GT is my hope and dream lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom