How's this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xautoformattedx

Solid State Member
Im going to build a system in the next few months and this is what ive picked out. Let me know what you think?

ASUS P5AD2 Premium mobo
Intel Pentium 4 560J 3.60GHz
Kingston HyperX 240-Pin 1GB
Seagate 7200.8 400GB HDD
Thermaltake Black Highest Xaser III Super Tower
ThermaltakeÂ’s Silent PurePower 480W
ATI AIW RADEON 9800PRO

Thank you im sort of new to all the aspects I have to take in account to build a pc, but im gonna try to get my project going. If you have anything you would suggest go for it.

Could you tell us your budget so we can suggest stuff? So far, that is one colossal sized HD you got! Mines only 80GB!!!

what are you going to be using this pc for? if it is gaming than you should go with amd.

also I would go with a 6600gt, as they cost a little bit more, but give a huge amount of perfromance boost.

edit: is the 9800pro on pci-e?? as that motherboard don't support agp.

My budget is around 2000 I believe. I dont want to spend anymore. My PC will be used for word processing and some video editing and picture editing. I dont really care about the graphics card all that much because I havent bought many games in the last year. I just wanna build a really nice machine. I do like the mobo and the processor though. I hope that helps.

That CPU is around....what 800$! I would just get a 3800, im pretty sure they are around 650$. This processor is alot better then the 3.6 with gaming. It can do anything great. But you dont need to spend that much on a processor. I suggest a 3500 Winchester, these are like 340$.

see what I've posted here

2 x BFG 6800 GT's in PCI-E $940 ($470 each)

Asus A8N Nforce4 SLI motherboard $187
you'll need an SLI board to go with the cards

G.Skill 2x512MB PC4400 DDRRAM $237.75
this is the best RAM for overclocking, or even at stock speeds it's still really fast.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester $285
this is the CPU that has tested to go best with the G.Skill RAM, with the Winchester core, and the ability to reduce the multiplier, to increase the HTT (Athlon 64's equivalent to FSB) and get better transfer speeds between RAM and CPU.

Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU $81
blue, titanium or black. these PSU's are about the most reliable, and best looking you can get. you can take out the cables you don't need, and all of them are sleeved.

LG 16x dual layer DVD burner $64

LG 52x24x52x16 CDR/RW + DVD $37

Seagate 300GB SATA $224
huge drive, reliable, quiet, and fast access time

Dell Sony 21" Trinitron or a black one $99 or $149
this is a really good monitor, I actually have the exact same one myself running at 2048x1536 (although my TNT2 doesn't like it much hehe)

case: anything you like. if you get a black case, you might want to get the black monitor

total = $1869.75 or $1919.75 without case (but with PSU)

this system is absolutely 1337, with 2 6800 GT's in SLI, really powerful on stock speeds and also lots of room to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom