I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya, I can't belive that what your fps drops to on that system... OK, so the 6800 GT and Ultra got better benchmarks than the X800 Pro prior to the games release but geez... 8 fps? On those settings? With an AMD 64? Sorry mate, I know I'm rubbing it in but I'm appauled; there was you always telling me that my (evedently bottlenecked my CPU) 6800 GT should perform better than it does... The other guys are right, you should of gone with the XT.

What's the game like on other levels, eg Administration ( type "map game/admin")?

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CARD!!!

You do not know how to setup and optimize a computer. End of story.

AS MENTIONED TO YOU A MILLION TIMES:

The problem is with YOUR SETUP NOT THE VIDEO CARD.

I am willing to bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that if I got my hands on your system that I could configure it INSTANTLY to run like a dream.

Switching an X800 Pro with a GT is as dumb as trading a quarter for a quarter.

OMG I need to stop typing now because I am getting so angry.

I edited your post Santoast. Don't be calling people names, that crap isn't tolerated in the least bit so don't do it again.

So what do you suggest I do...keep formatting and formatting and just hope it magically gets better? Even after a fresh format, it plays no differently than it does now. Plus, its pretty much only Doom 3 I have problems with. Everything else plays pretty well.

Wow...the price really is comming down. I payed almost $450 for my X800 Pro....

I still am getting a little nervous about this. I want to upgrade and everything, but thats an awful lot of money. I already wasted $450 on my X800 Pro, and I don't want to waste any more money.

If SanToast is right, and it is my system config, what could I try that I haven't already tried? I've tried all the driver changes, tweaking, BIOS settings, etc to try to increase performance.

And SanToast, if you've been keeping up with the benchmarks and been listening to what other people are saying, you would know that the 6800GT's superiority to the X800 Pro is more than just marginal. Thats why you dont see anybody getting X800 Pros anymore, and for those who can afford it who did get X800s, a great number of them are upgrading as I am thinking of doing.

SanToast said:
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CARD!!!

You do not know how to setup and optimize a computer. End of story.

AS MENTIONED TO YOU A MILLION TIMES:

The problem is with YOUR SETUP NOT THE VIDEO CARD.

I am willing to bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that if I got my hands on your system that I could configure it INSTANTLY to run like a dream.

Switching an X800 Pro with a GT is as dumb as trading a quarter for a quarter.

OMG I need to stop typing now because I am getting so angry.

Ya know i bought my 6800GT popped it in, updated and installed the drivers and it ran like a dream and still does overclocked to ultra speeds. I dont see why your so worried about optomizing this and that making the best of this and that. When you pay 400$ for a video should there really be that much trouble in getting good performance out of it? i dont think so.

DyNaStY336 said:
Ya know i bought my 6800GT popped it in, updated and installed the drivers and it ran like a dream and still does overclocked to ultra speeds. I dont see why your so worried about optomizing this and that making the best of this and that. When you pay 400$ for a video should there really be that much trouble in getting good performance out of it? i dont think so.

Absolutely true, couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom