Using a tv as monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnymanboy

In Runtime
I might get a big screen TV soon so, what do I need to use it as a monitor for my computer to play games and such?

HDMI input in your TV, DVI out on your video card, HDMI-to-DVI cable. Should work, at least in theory :) (I'm planning on doing the same thing).

That would be for a digital connection for the TV, the way I mentioned. If your TV doesn't have a HDMI or DVI input, DVI output won't help much :). You would use the normal analog cables, a lot of card have an analog TV Out.

My question kinda runs along the same lines, how do I go about setting up two computer monitors for one computer? I have a 17" out in the storage room going to waste, plus I'll be able to play DVDs on one screen and do computer stuff on the other... And the fact that it looks cool. :p

you have to have 2 outputs and you just connect them

but anyway iyou can use an svideo out too but i hope thats an hd tv :p

Usually higher end PC graphic cards come with S-Video out..Or if you got a video caputre, you got alot of options...But all you need is a S-Video cable..and hook it to your tv.

My friend didint have S-Video on his tv, so he spliced the end and made a rca-s-video cord..works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom