Are Dell Notebooks any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's a great mobile. If you want a bigger screen, their are laptops that will offer it.

As I am very mobile, the 12.1 does wonders for me.

I dont know about there laptops, but their desktops have proprietary hardware that is exclusive to dell. Not good if you mod or service your own pc. A friend of mine had a desktop that got hit by lightning. Mobo was fried. Dell discontinued that board and it was the only one that would work.

apples are fine
]you can do some light gamiong
firefox
and they are great for photoshop

IF i did ever need a laptop i would always look at the ibook (not power book) first, and with the money i save build a pc for the gaming.

My school has the emacs (flat crt one) and i am liking them, only can use them for g.c.s.e. music recordings, as they don't my have any internet for them. :( or any other programs that don't require internet or a printer, as they have a word processor)

I love Dell notebooks. I bought one for my wife over 3 years ago, a Dell Inspiron 8200, and it is still going strong today without any previous issues. She uses it a total of 9 hours a day and leaves it on 24/7 and has never had any problems other than having to replace a battery and add another as a secondary.

It is a shame, however, that there isn't anywhere that you can buy parts to build your own Notebook, at least none that I know of.

But, to answer your question, Dell's are an excellent PC and offer top of the line Customer support.

I hate MAC, they remind me of when I would use them in middle school, they would be old and a crappy brown color(for the years of use)

It looks as though I will have to wait for some really good deals on either the latitude series, or the 600m. since the weight of the 1150 and the power consumption don't flow with my boat.

Common dont fart on the Macs too much, you gotta admit, probablly 10 times more reliable that PCs. My dad can leave his mac on for months without restarting.

Its all about the processor really. Personally i think Mac's are so over priced, and i hate thier attitude. They think they built the best processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom