Using PC3200 and PC2100 at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I have 1 gig of PC2100 ram, and I was wondering if I can put the PC2100 into my computer with PC3200? My motherboard is Asus K8V SE Deluxe.

Also is there a way I can check to make sure my computer is using the PC3200? For some reason, when I upgraded from PC2100 I seen NO changes AT ALL. In games, software, etc. Nada.

Thank you :)

if you are using both 3200 and 2100 the computer will use the faster ram at the lower speed... so it will treat all sticks as 2100

I kinda figured that. Anyhow it says my memory is PC3200 (200MHZ)

I attached the results, sorry its the txt version :(

Is there any optimizations, or perhaps any way I can get higher performance?

200Mhz is the real frequency of your memory, but since it's DDR (Double Data Rate) you get the 400Mhz. There's nothing wrong there

No, I think what mack is asking is is there any way to overclock the PC2100 to 200mhz... I'm always confused about overclocking RAM myself lol

I am pretty sure that If you over clock one bit of ram... it will also overclock the rest... so you could end up wrecking your 3200... am not sure if this is the case... but when I have looked at my ram settings it doesnt seem to let you overclock just one slot.

Nono, you had it right. I wasn't 100% sure if it was supposed to be 200MHz.

I don't like overclocking because it wears out your hardware :(! Otherwise I'd do it in a second, lol

Thanks a lot guys.

no it won't wrech PC3200 if you overclock the PC2100, unless you get them both above 200MHZ. under 200MHZ it is only dangerous to overclock the PC2100

if you have enough PC3200, I would replace the PC2100 with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom