I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
I WILL NEVER!!!!! I MEAN NEVER!!! buy another ATI product! :mad:

have felt that way for a long time... i had a terrible expereince with one back in the day!!!

I will sell it after I get my 6800GT, which I hope is before March 9, when the Doom 3 expansion comes out. I have heard good things about the eVGA 6800GT, but what about the BFG 6800GT OC Edition? Best buy has it for $399.99.

Lol, same shitty score here on 3dmark05 as well but great on most others. I get around 4750-4800. But I much rather get 60fps on Doom 3 with almost everything maxed out than a good benchmark score that you can um..... look at I guess ? I wanna put AS5 on it but I scared to disassemble a $400 video card. Anyways, Beed you will love your 6800gt on games but somethings wacky with the benching score unless you oc with lot's of good cooling. About the X800Pro, just check ebay and then add abit to that price. Stuff on ebay is really dirt cheap. Best to buy there and not sale there.

If only I had my $400. Its still going to be a few weeks before I get it. Thanks for giving me that link. I do have one question for anybody who wants to answer. What do you think of the BFG 6800GT OC? Best buy has it for a reasonable price and if its a good version of the card, I would rather do it that way than order off ebay.

Sorry to hear about the crappy experiance your having with the ATI. How comes it looks so bad?

Have ATI stopped the hardware mod to the XT version?

I was gonna get that one over the evga one b/c like you said BestBuy has them for $400 and they normally cost more b/c of the oc'ed label. I would not pay more than $399.99 for the bfg simply b/c you can easly oc it yourself but with the good price I would say it's a good investment. I also heard that since it allready is oc'ed it's easier to oc it more. If you don't oc though that dosen't matter. But yea, evga or that bfg would be great.

My X800 Pro is not a VIVO version, and I don't want to risk hardmodding it which is many times unsuccessful.

Also, the screenshot....I decreased the quality of the image so I could upload it on my slow dial-up.

Just so you know, ATi has a trade in program that will allow you to trade in old cards for pretty good refunds or credits.

Also, I really think that with a bit of tweaking you can get a lot more than 8fps out of Doom 3, I just don't think you are trying hard enough, or something else in your system is bottlenecking it. While I do agree that a 6800GT is the better card, you can get much better results out of x800 with a bit of tweaking, there's no bloody way I can more FPS with a 9800Pro than an x800.

I have tried all the tweaking, driver changes, etc. Try playing the Hell level and tell me what fps you get when fighting the boss. Play it at 4xAA, High settings, 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom