Building my first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkstr

Beta member
Hi guys ive picked out the wollowing components for a pc im about to build and my question is, are all the parts compatible

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 GHz Socket 754, 512 KB cache, BOXED

Abit KV8Pro V1.1 Mainboard Socket 754 K8T800PRO, SATA, GbLAN, ATX, Raid

TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 Memory184-P (for DDR-PC400MHz)

Western Digital Caviar 200GB S-ATA 8MB cache 7200RPM

Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case Silver Aluminium (Without PSU)

Fortron/Source Powersupply ATX rev2 350W 120mm, 24pin,SATA

I don't think your power supply will work with your motherboard seeing as how it uses a 24 pin motherboard connection, and your motherboard most probably uses a 20 pin connection.

Also, you're missing a GPU.

No, I am not exactly sure, but assuming from the fact that it is an ATX motherboard, then I am quite sure that it will use a 20 pin power connections. I've searched the abit site and it hasn't specified.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=176

edit: here we are, all of these PSUs from what I can remember from them use 20 pin connectors, which leads me to believe your PSU will no work without the appropriate adapter.

yeah I would suggest a better PSU
one from Thermaltake, Enermax, Antec or Ultra are all good power supplies

also you are missing a video card
I would suggest if you're gaming to go with a Geforce 6600 GT in PCI-E. 6600's are native to PCI-E so they are fater and cheaper than their AGP equivalents
here's one

and also get an Nforce4 motherboard with at least 1 PCI-E 16x slot
the Gigabyte K8NF-9 is a good board, not too expensive, but has only one PCI-E 16x slot. although unless you plan to get SLI anytime soon you won't need another PCI-E 16x slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom