overclocking a graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
How exactly do you overclock your graphics card? i'm not gonna do it, just curious :)

using Coolbits registry tweak for nvidia or Rivatuner witch I believe works for both nvidia and ATI, but not 100% sure on that.

ATI has their own system in the advanced properties section

Right click desktop>properties>settings>advanced and somewhere in there

It's real easy to OC and as long as you don't leap it by a huge amount you'll be ok, and also make sure you watch your temps

By far the easiest component to OC without frying IMO

Once again, Nubius is correct. I've never used any 3rd party software to overclock my video cards, so I can't help you out there, however, there is a vast number of settings and options which ATi provides you for tweaking your card in your display properties as noted above (I actually never knew any of these controller OCing until a short while ago).

Keep in mind you may have to increase your voltage in order to maintain system stability.

4d4302fe.jpg

you don't need to increase the voltage with VGAs. It may make a little bit more stable but they are more sensitive than CPUs

why not ? it's easy to do, and if you increase it slowly you can get a safe level without damaging the card

heh i meant i SAID i wouldnt, but i did, knocked it up to ultra settings and boosted my 3dmark score by 700. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom