Whats it compare to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
I know this is probley a really dumb question , but what does a Athlon 64 2800 clawhammer compare to in terms of 32 bit cpu's?

I went from a xp 1900 to a athlon 64 2800 wich is only 200 mhz faster , and i cant help but wonder if i made a significant uppgrade or not....

It's not insanely huge upgrade, but still that 200MHz over the XP with an AMD64 bit CPU, would probably be equivelant to a 400MHz approximate increase in Athlon XP terms.

Cool guys , thx for the replys , very helpfull.The motherboard i got is a MSI NEO , its upgradeable to a Athlon 64 3400+ or higher , so i figure ill run this chip for a bit and upgrade when prices drop alittle more .

Yeah, my Athlon 64 chip is so much faster than my older AMD Athlon XP 2600+. And if paired with a good video card like the 6800GT, these processors are unbelievable.

well I put my 2800 with a 6600 gt and ya it smokes the hell out of my old rig " xp 1900 - fx5200 " so dont get me wrong , i do see a huge performance boost , just cant decide wich is doing most of the work , the new gfx card or the cpu , like would I have seen the same performance boost with just the gfx card . But then again i also upgraded the ram from pc 2700 to pc 3200 , so im sure that helps also .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom