Most fastest bootable OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayen15

Baseband Member
hi,

i'm looking for a fast bootable OS so I can check my mail in the morning before I go to school. I tryed Windows 2000/XP and some Linux distro's but they don't boot very fast, and since I have limited time in the morning i would have like to know what the most fast bootable OS is? I only need an OS + Webbrowser, that's all... I also hope that the boot time is max. 15 seconds....

: The OS doesn't have to be Windows, Linux is not really an option since I find it too configure.

(I got a P4 2GHz 512 MB RAM)

edit: The hibernate function doesn't count :)

Yeah, seriously dude. Even Windows 2000 boots fairly quickly.

My XP-Pro installation boots in 9 seconds, POST to desktop.

most probably your Windows OS has gathered several programs which pointlessly load on boot (as most internet computers do)
go to start >> run >> msconfig.exe
that will open up a new window, click on the "Startup" tab and there will be a list of all the non-windows programs which open on startup. Take a good look and disable all the ones you dont need.
restart and computer and it should load much quicker
:)

p.s. if you uncheck anything you do need, no worries simply open up the startup tab again and recheck it.

- your 2ghz computer should be more than enough to boot a clean installation of Windows within 10 - 15 seconds.

And why don't you have 5 minutes to check your email? Turn on your PC and while it boots, get dressed and eat or something. Why can't you just do that?

What, you wake up from bed in the same clothes you wore yesterday and have less than 30 seconds to leave the house?

If you find you don't have enough time in the morning for an OS to boot, you're either standing there like an idiot waiting for it when instead you could be doing other morning things while it boots, or you need to just wake up earlier.

try window's 3.1...............................................................................

seriously...leave the computer on if it's tha's important to check your email or just like stated above....get up, turn the computer on, get dressed.....if it's not booted by the time your dressed...then you have problems

CntdwnToExtn said:
try window's 3.1...............................................................................

:p LOL!

Get a program called PC Booster. It will optimize your boot time. It only takes me one swipe of the blue bar and Windows is loading. I do have quite a few programs in my system tray, so it takes me a little longer after it gets to the desktop. Also clear your C:\Windows\Prefetch folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom