my in-laws are still running windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i might put xp on it and see how they like it, if its too slow, ill put 2k on it

First, 2000 is no good for games. Trust me on that one.

Second, I ran Windows XP Pro off of a 350MHZ Intel 2, 128MB ram and it was super fast. XP is designed for high end computers, but it can run great on low end computers, too. How? Disable all the effects. Get rid of the gay new GUI, make it look like you're using Windows 2000.

Remember, Windows 2000 isn't as good as XP. I learned this, too.

First, lets see. I have a digital camera. It uses a cable to connect via USB. I plugged it in with Windows 2000, and had to manually install the drivers.

On XP, I plug it in - it detects it, sees if the driver is installed, if it is then it llets you select what you want to do. If you want to view the files in a file mode, like it's a detachable harddrive or extract the files to your harddrive.

I could name so many reasons why you should not install Windows 2000, but that would consume lots of time and require a couple posts :)

Yes, Windows XP does suck. But Windows 2000 is out-dated now, and is not good for a family. Even if you don't have a digital camera or anything, pretty much EVERYTHING is done by XP.

:)

ravenmadtaoist said:
It is my understanding that Win 2k is business oriented which is why it's not geared towards fun and games..

Correct. I would go with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom