User accounts not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvan56473

Solid State Member
When the windows login screen appears, there are no user accounts or even admin accounts. I use the <CAD> twice method to get the manual login. It has my name in the username box but any password that I try does not work. I don't remember ever entering a password but just leaving it blank does not work either. I am running XP. I was never prompted for a password when logging into my account before. Does anyone know how I get the user accounts back? Thanks!

I have also tried to repair windows with no luck.

I just tried to log in as the Administrator without a password and it says "Unable to log on because of an account restriction".

I'll try these and see what happens. I tried the guest account before but that didn't work either.
Thanks for the advice.

Starting in safe mode with the Administrator account worked!!! THANKS!
Now when try to go into user accounts is says "The current user account is not recognized. Restart the computer and open user accounts". Anyone know how I can get my user account back.

Thanks!

do you know what happened to do this? were you messing in the registry? install anything new? upgrade anything? details will help here.
Kind of sounds like the SAM may have gotten messed up. This could be bad. You can try doing a system restore to a few days back and see if that will correct the problems you have now.

I tried a restore but there are not any dates to restore too. :(
I have/had a trojan (small dropper?) in my computer that I was trying to clean with WinAntiVirus, Spybot, Adaware. I don't think that I was messing with the registry???

There were some other funny things happening before this happened to. Whenever I was shutting down the computer there were a couple of programs that wouldn't end.

uvvtro.exe
O
WFC

I can't remember exactly what they were but now they are not doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom