For those with the ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_source

Daemon Poster
OK, just got my new PC at the end of last week. Everytime I boot up i get this screen that says somewthing like press CTRL+S (or R) or F8 to go into RAID settings. How can i force the PC to boot up and skip this screen? I only have 1 SATA hdd so theres no need for Raid (is there?...i dont really know what RAID is)

Anything else i need to knwo to configure for this mobo? Hints, tips are welcome...Thanks!

RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independant Disks

it means using 2 or more hard drives to get faster and/or more reliable disk access.
it can read or write half the data to 2 drives at the same time to reduce transfer times, or it can mirror data between 2 drives so you have 2 copies of every file (1 on each hard drive) so if one drive fails......

OK, so since i only have one drive, how can i shut it off? Theres no need for me to get that screen at bootup.

Disable the RAID controllers, this can probably be done either through the BIOS, the device manager, or by pressing ctrl+s at startup as you've mentioned to configure the RAID settings.

Do u have the same mobo? Where in the BIOS would you find this setting? I will check out device manager and try to disable it from there, hopefully it works like that, nice and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom