Alcohol 120% and Daemon tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_source

Daemon Poster
I cant get these to install on my new system. These are my MOST IMPORTANT PROGRAMS. If i cant get them to work i may as well bring the system back b/c its worthless. The error is caused by a device driver conflict i guess. Its starts to install, looks like its going weel, then it asks me to reboot and when it comes back it says that my system has just receovered from a major system problem. I look at the error and it says something about device driver problem. I am assuming that the problem is that its installing a driver which is conflicting with my DVD+-RW driver that is already installed.

Anyone know how to get around this...its very important b/c i need one of these programs to work.

OR, are there any other virtual drive emulation programs out there that work similar to Alcohol 120%?

Don't worry about Alcohol...worry with Daemon first. If you can get it to work, you have it made. I've worked without the alcohol program but don't you dare take daemon away from me.

What are your system specs? Liz

southernlady said:
Don't worry about Alcohol...worry with Daemon first. If you can get it to work, you have it made. I've worked without the alcohol program but don't you dare take daemon away from me.

What are your system specs? Liz

Liz, My system specs are in my signature. Why worry about daemon tools over alcohol? Honestly i like alcohol better but i'll take either right now.

apokalipse said:
you may have to download new ATAPI drivers.
you might find them here

How do install these drivers if i cant install the program? Should i install the ATAPI drivers first? And what is ATAPI? :S

Thanks for ur help in this time of crisis.

apokalipse, i just went to the site you posted and there are so many device drivers for CD-ROM / CDRW / DVD, how do i know which to choose, and can i back track if it f*ks something up?

Tell you what I need you to do for me, download and run EVEREST Home Edition and email me the results. There is a report wizard that you can run and then tell it to save as text file. When you tell it to email, it will automatically fill in the everest address, delete that and put southernlady5464atgmail.com

That will give me the information I need but PLEASE do NOT post that information here on this board. Once you run it, you will see why. You do not want others seeing this info. Liz

southernlady, i emailed u the info that u requested. I cant check my email from here (at work) b/c its blocked.

Thx for the help. I treid again yesterday but still couldnt get it to work.

Got what I needed...and you saw why I didn't want you to post it here once you ran it. I saw that you edited a few pages, LOL.

With SP2 in your system, things may work differently. THAT was what I was looking for. Did you just upgrade? Liz

I did just upgrade to SP2 b/c i just installed the OS last week. I just purchased the PC last thursday so everything is fresh and new. Any ideas to what is the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom