More Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just reading in other posts regarding AGP and PCIe cards, apparently the PCIe cards are simultaneously bi-directional (send and receive data from the cpu at the same time), regarding mobo's with PCIe slots, are there any good manufacturers that stand above the rest?

and the ZALMAN 500AF costs a whopping $1200 (or an unfair £900 :( )

wow, that's an expensive case.....

if you're not overclocking, BFG 6800 GT's in PCI-E are good cards, which already have a 20MHZ increase in core frequency before it's out of the box. they can be found here for $470 each

3 years ago i decided to build my first computer:

here are what its specs were:

amd athlon xp2400
sapphire 9500 128mb (not pro, not all in wondeer, just the standard one :))
msi kt4 ultra mobo
256mb ddr333 (1 stick)
60gb maxtor ata-100 hdd 2mb cache
nokia style case with 350watt psu (silver)
liteon 48x24x48 cd burner
no monitor (i had a spare 19" mitsubishi diamond plus 91)
i had a spare fdd as well :)

and that was it

this time i'm going all out :D , only factor is price - no more than £2500, but preferably around £2000

This case is my pick for the best server case for the price if you are interested in case opinions.

I would honestly consider buying a PCI RAID controller and researching and determining the best RAID to use, although RAID 0 and 1 are popular and are both quite good, they are technically not considered true RAID arrays, and they are basically just toned down arrays from servers geared towards the home PC user. There are RAID 0-10 availible, as well as a RAID 50 I believe, so you should determine the one to best suit your needs. Keep in mind that RAID 0 and 1 are considered the "budget" RAIDs and the others can get quite pricey.

Bleh, I wrote down RAID 1 for some reason, I guess I was still pretty tired this morning, so ignore the whole comment about it not being a true RAID.

However, a RAID 0 is not a "true" RAID array by definition because it is still not fault tolerant, and the definition of a RAID is a setup of more than one hard drives which is completely fault tolerant, which basically means that a drive can fail yet the data will remain uncorrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom