Trouble uninstalling game

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I can't uninstall this game, and I've been trying to for so long. When I go to Add/Remove programs, I press uninstall, and this thing pops-up saying "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." On the top it says "Error: CreateFile(C:\DOCUME~1\Sony\LOCALS~1\Temp\set49E.tmp)" I tried looking for set49E.tmp but its not there. Can someone help me?

this should be in "Operating Systems and Software"

anyway, press ctrl+alt+del and close all programs except for the ones neccesary for Windows to run
so if it's anything up to Windows ME, close all but explorer

if it's Windows 2000 or above, close everything except for 4 svchost's, explorer, services, winlogon, lsass, smss, csrss and spoolsv

then try and uninstall

if that fails, reboot to safe mode (press f8 before the windows loading screen comes up and select safe mode) then when windows loads try and uninstall it there

I've used a program called "add/remove plus" I think it is, which removes programs from the installed list when you uninstall them, even if the uninstall doesn't.
using this program, you can ru the uninstall, remove it from the list, but even if it doesn't uninstall you can then delete the program files and registry settings yourself

Just blast the program files and the registry keys and the app will dissapear from the add/remove automatically.

This might sound insulting, but is the temp file 'hidden'?

I had a problem like this with a cheap game I infected my computer with and one of the files was hidden and protected somehow... I had to copy all the folder except that file and force a wipe to erase everything. Then simply renamed the copy so all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom