ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
what is the best ram avaibale now? oh and is suited for an amd 64 fx-55, nforce 4 sli motherboard and 2 geforce 6800 ultras.

What RAM does your motherboard support? That will limit you as far as speed.

I think that PC3200 or DDR400 is the highest your board will support, although I'm not sure. I know that your board won't support DDR2, and I'm pretty sure it won't support DDR533.

He's obviously got a Socket 939 motherboard, but the question is, what is your brand of mobo? We need to know that more than we need to know what CPU you have. He can throw PC4400 in there, but that doesn't mean it'll just work at that speed. He'd have to bring it up that high through the BIOS which would mean overclocking his system, UNLESS he simply lowers his multiplier and raises the HTT beyond 200....so like if his system is 2.5GHz ( I know it's not just giving examples here) then instead of 200x12.5 he could do 250x10 and 250 is DDR500 which is like....PC3800 I believe?

The onboard memory controller would be his main block after a certain point of increase, so it'd take a little playing around to get it up to those speeds, but my main point is that he can infact put higher than PC3200 but he'd have to do a little tweaking to get it up to those highers speeds mainly due to the motherboard and CPU more than it is RAM limitations.

im dont intend to overclock my computer...... yet. so im not looking at parts just for that.

i was thinking of this but now im not sure if it will run with it oh well here it is

Corsair TWINX1024-4000PRO

500MHZ RAM = PC4000

I think G.Skill is the best RAM for overclockers and non-overclockers. they've rated it at PC4400 (550 or 566MHZ I think) at 2.5-4-4-8, or PC4000 at 2-3-3-7
some people have even got it past 600MHZ
and it doesn't even use coolers

but then again, it also depends on what speeds your motherboard supports.

well i listed my mother board, graphic cards and processors. so the corsair one sounds good or theres something better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom