6600 gt clock speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
ok , I have a MSI 6600gt, default clock speeds are 500 mhz core
900 mhz memory . Is this under clocked compared to other gfx card makers? if so , why do you think they did this ? and what can I o/c it to , to compare with other cards from diferant manufacturers?

those are the normal clock speeds for a 6600 GT

you could probabbly overclock it to 550/1000MHZ at least on stock cooling, although I haven't really seen any 6600 overclocks

That's funny I could have sworn the eVGA was shown having a 500/1000 speed already =/

Dang oh well, but yeah either way I don't believe you'll have a problem getting the memory up to 1000 as the new GDDR3 memory overclocks pretty well....

I wish the heatsink was the same design as is on the PCI-E versions because on those they have the memory plainily sitting out on the card so that you could put chipsinks on, but with the AGP version, due to the PCI-E bridge chip that's on there, the thing is at an angle half covering some of the chips =/

Kinda sucks

nope :( I already went to the Arctic Silencer website and they got it for the 6800's and whatnot, but not the 6600's yet, I've been saying they should make one for it for a while now lol because I will hopefully get one soon, and then we'll see what kind of overclocks it can get :p

Hmm......maybe I should get that bigwater kit solely for the graphics card :p

Only 6600GT cooler is from zalman now. It's rumored that artici cooling is making one for the AGP 6600GT's.

Also 500 \ 900 is default speed.
Most manacactuers ship them at 500 \ 1000 though.

Mine is 560 \ 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom