How to persuade parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention that By working more at DD I was able to buy my self a car for $3k( my parents paid 10%, real gracious of em, eh?)

even though it sucked, You can make good money (until you get an education and make piles more in the tech industry)

one of my friends in a shift manager at mcdonalds and he doesn't even make close to $9.85( he makes around $8 to $8.50)
so apok, you must be a manager or head assistant manager

Well think thats all great working for your computer? Well, ill tell you how easy it was for me to get my computer. EXTRA COINS BABY. Lets see i saved up about 200 dollars and my dad has ALOT of spare change. Infact, 1200 dollars worth of change. He paid for 1000 of the computer and i payed the 200. Good deal eh? I'll say. Too bad a spent it on a dell.

Nah screw that. Youd have so many people coming in with 'Yeah I was just sittin there and it exploded' and then you get the fun job of repairing it. Newer systems would be aright but think about all those people with really old systems that would want you to reinstall Win98 and crap like that on it.
Once you get a nack for it and get a bit of experience it gets pretty easy actually. I obviously don't do any repair work like actually fixing damaged parts, but I'll generally clean up systems software wise, clean up the inside of the case, test all the parts and see if they are doing all right, and occasionally doing a few case repairs, mods, fixing broken fans, and other simple hardware like that.

Troubleshooting is the big one though, and it's usually pretty easily fixed with a bit of research and some trial and error.

I charge slightly less than most computer stores around here and do more matiniance than them too, and I generally see quite a few people, I'd estimate about 20-40 a month, which is pretty good for a small, 16 year old run home business if I do say so myself.

Once you get a nack for it and get a bit of experience it gets pretty easy actually.
Yeah I wouldn't have a problem repairing them, not like actual REPAIR where some people will resolder capacitors and crap but probably the same stuff you're doing, it's just man....some times I hate working on my own computer muchless someone elses piece of crap lol.

I built this though for shites and giggles:

http://www.casemodgod.com/pc_test_box.htm

I'd estimate about 20-40 a month, which is pretty good for a small, 16 year old run home business if I do say so myself
Yup that is pretty good really. How did you manage to build your 'clientelle' if you will, I don't know that many people that need computers servicing or anything, I assume you did something to get your name out to people you don't know though right?

Soloman02 said:
one of my friends in a shift manager at mcdonalds and he doesn't even make close to $9.85( he makes around $8 to $8.50)
so apok, you must be a manager or head assistant manager
actually that's $9.85 australian
I'm not a manager or anything

Oh snap lol, forgot about that :p

Guess that would be closer to $6.75 in US than not

Just so you guys don't think i'm extremely spoiled or anything and that I just am too lazy to work for my money, I actually just spent $5,200 of my own money that I have saved up from my job to purchase an 95' Toyota Celica and after that I spent around $1200 on an audio system for my car. I'm happy that I did purchase this but, afterwards I realized that I really need a new PC. So, my problem is now, that I am broke as a joke and its gonna take a while to save up money for a new computer.

Not to mention I need to buy a new clutch and have it put in.(*$700) Not much, huh?

I guess if the parent thing doesn't work I might just have to wait a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom