I tightened up my cas latency and reconfirgured my settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Size says 512mb so I'd assume he has 2x256 otherwise it'd say 1gb in dual channel

oh ok. i wasn;t sure if it was saying each stick was 512MB in dual or what. i suppose i could have looked at my CPU-Z...but blah..im lazy:)

lol I woulda looked in CPU-Z except it doesn't run on my moms laptop.

I could have been wrong though =P I was just taking a guess because I can't remember 100% but since that's not the screen where he selects the slots I figured it's showing the total RAM.

You guys are right...it is the 256*2 pack....it is all newegg carries the LA's in for now...and yes I am definitely planning on using these with my 3000+winnie and msi mobo I will be gettin in the next few months.

The thing that sucked about those tight settings is that it failed prime in a couple of min. so I had to back it down.

ahh that sucks, so it's not 2.5-3-3-3 you mean? Was about to say that's mighty insane.

I've never seen 2-3-3-3 before
that's some good RAM, which I feel is being limited by your CPU and/or motherboard

well, you usually find something is limiting your computer in some way

No doubt....I think it is the mobo and or processor limiting this....oh well i'm very happy with the memory and will be upgrading the mobo and processor to a 939 in the next couple of months anyways.

The motherboard would only be limiting how high of FSB you get, not so much the actual timings, with the exception that possibly more NB voltage is needed. The processor however, should be able to handle up to 250 no problem.

Yo! I finally got my computer up and running and am able to test out the RAM. This is only the first day though so they need a little time to burn in, but they are doing pretty decent right off the bat.

Stock timings, 2-2-2-5 200MHz DDR400 I got approx 3000/2800 mb/sec

Right now I got em at 2-3-3-6 235MHz DDR470 and just got 3579/3343 :D

Can't wait to really break these bad boys in

This is my latest attempt:

DDR500 - 250MHz - 2.5-3-3-8-1T 2.9v @ 3779/3495

I tried 255MHz and on one attempt it got past the bar swiping at the loading screen but rebooted, then I upped the cycle time, and it got into windows, but then gave me a blue screen soooo pretty much my only option right now is to do the voltage mod on the NB because it's at 1.7 and I'm pretty sure that'll help stability of the board if I can get it up to 1.9v (this time without frying my board =/ ) I should be able to get to 266.

Still decent though considering they've only been on a day and haven't really been broken in yet.

Gonna run prime95 right now and see if it's stable at 250, then I can work on re-attempting the voltage mod :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom